Between the snows of winter and the heat of the summer, North Conway has much to offer during the arrival of spring. Come enjoy the valley as it begins to bloom!
Need some fun activities to do with your family or friends?
The Cranmore Mountain Lodge’s What to Do in Spring Guide To North Conway has everything you are looking for! We hope you enjoy your stay in the Mount Washington Valley this spring!
Sightseeing In North Conway
- Auto Road – Experience the incredible views from New England’s tallest peak on the oldest man made attraction in America. Our guests get discount voucher on the guided tour and one free adult passenger.
- Cog Railway – If driving is not your game, then experience the splendors of Mount Washington from the only cog railway this side of the Rockies!
- Mount Washington Hotel – Visit the historic Mount Washington Hotel, built in 1902 for drinks or lunch. It is well worth the 40 minute trip up route 16 from North Conway.
- Gondola Ride – Experience breathtaking views of the East’s highest peaks in the comfort and security of Wildcat’s 4-person glass-enclosed gondola cabins!
Waterfalls & Covered Bridges
- Explore the local waterfalls in the North Conway area including the famous Diana’s Baths
- Check out the historic covered bridges dating back to the 1800’s
Conway Scenic Railroad
- Check out all the beauty that the Mountain Washington Valley has to offer from a historic train car. The Conway Scenic Railroad offers different themed excursions as well as trips that include lunch or dinner. For a different sight-seeing perspective, take a relaxing scenic train ride. (Conway Scenic Train Ride Package available)
- Pamper yourself with a relaxing massage or facial for two, before a day of tax-free shopping and a dinner at one of our numerous local restaurants. (Massage Wellness Package available)
Local Sugar Houses
- The Maple tree sap has been replenished, so this is the best time to learn about maple sugaring by visiting local sugar houses. You can also learn maple sugaring by hiking the trails of 100 Acre Woods with your family.
Springtime Outdoors Fun
- Great Glen Trails diverse bike trail system crosses beautiful fields, scenic rivers, and beaver bogs. Our guests get vouchers for free use of the trail system and discount on bike rentals.
- You might enjoy a horseback ride at The Farm by the River Stables, open to the general public year round. Choose from daily scenic horseback, carriage, wagon and pony rides for the little ones! Our guests receive a discount by showing their room key.
Rolling Dog Sledding
- Come out of hibernation and celebrate spring with a rolling dog sledding adventure. (Early Spring Dog Sledding Tour Package available)
- If the outdoors and nature are your calling, there a countless trails to explore. A few of our favorites are Black Cap which is family friendly and Mt. Kearsarge for the more experienced hiker.
Shopping & Dining
Settlers Green Outlets
- If shopping is your kind of adventure, then the Settler’s Green Outlet Stores Village is the place for you. You will find the mall brands with outlet prices and its tax free!
- Be sure to visit downtown North Conway Village for one of a kind shops and unique boutiques.
Places To Eat
- If you are a foodie or looking for a family friendly eatery, then the Valley Originals will whet your appetite. All these establishments are owned and operated by local chefs.
- The North Conway area also offers ethnic cuisine as including Mexican, Thai and Italian to name a few.
If you are looking for place to stay that embodies the spirit of North Conway and the Mount Washington Valley, please visit the historic Cranmore Mountain Lodge, Babe Ruth’s favorite B&B. We pride ourselves on our neighborly hospitality and delicious French breakfast.
We hope to see you soon!