The Mount Washington Valley has much to offer after the snow melts and the temperature begins to rise. Whether you love to hike, shop or just want to get away with family, you can find it all right here.
Here is Cranmore Mountain Lodge’s list of what to do in Summer in North Conway, New Hampshire. We hope you found some good ideas for your next trip and safe travels!
Sightseeing In North Conway
Echo Lake State Park
- Cathedral Ledge – if you want a breathtaking view of the valley in all its splendor, bring your camera and take the short 20 minute drive from downtown North Conway
- Echo Lake – Provides a great venue for picnics and refreshing swims at the base of Cathedral Ledge
Waterfalls & Covered Bridges
- Explore the local waterfalls in the North Conway area including the famous Diana’s Baths (check out our Waterfalls and Covered Bridge Itinerary)
- Check out the historic covered bridges dating back to the 1800’s
Conway Scenic Railroad
- Check out all the beauty that the Mount Washington Valley has to offer from a historic train car. The Conway Scenic railroad offers different themed excursions as well as trips that include lunch or dinner. For a different sight-seeing perspective, take a relaxing scenic train ride.
Summer Fun For The Whole Family
- Your little ones will have a fantastic time at Story Land where fairy tales come to life! Only 15 minutes from North Conway!
- For older kids and adults, Cranmore Adventure Park will get your adrenaline pumping with a zip line, mountain coaster and tubing (check out our Cranmore Adventure Park Package)! They also host Thursday night concerts!
Outdoors Fun In The Mount Washington Valley
- If you and your family want to cool down on a hot summer day, take a trip down the Saco! You can travel down the river by canoe, kayak or tube!
- If the outdoors and nature are your calling, there are countless trails to explore. A few of our favorites are Black Cap which is family friendly and Mt. Kearsarge for the more experienced hiker.
Shopping & Dining In North Conway
Settlers Green Outlets
- If shopping is your kind of adventure, then Settler’s Green Outlet Village is the place for you. You will find the mall brands with outlet prices and it’s tax free!
- Be sure to visit downtown North Conway Village for one of a kind shops and unique boutiques.
Places To Eat
- If you are a foodie or looking for a family friendly eatery, then the Valley Originals will whet your appetite. All these establishments are owned and operated by local chefs, and most of the ingredients are grown here, in the Mt Washington Valley area.
- The North Conway area also offers ethnic cuisine including Irish, Mexican, Thai and Italian to name a few.
Hope to see you soon!