Available from December 26, 2016 to March 31, 2017, weather permitting
Starting from $498 + tax for two
Muddy Paw Sled Dog kennel is a kennel comprised of 86 dogs, ranging from racing Alaskan Huskies, to Siberians and Malamutes. The kennel focuses of rescuing Alaskan huskies in need of a home, giving them a “job for life”. Their favorite thing to do is share the passion and adventure of dog sledding from the musher’s perspective. Tours aren’t just sitting in the sled and going for a ride, but involve interacting with dogs, and learning aspects of a culture that many people don’t get to experience. The kennel is located in the heart of the White Mountains, minutes from Santa’s Village and about 45 minutes from North Conway.
2 Hour Dog Sledding Excursion
Starting from $498 + tax for two (not available on Mondays)
This introductory dog sledding experience is perfect for those looking to ease their way into the wonderful world of dog sledding. During this 2 hour adventure, guests will spend 330-40 minutes meeting and greeting rescue and second chance sled dogs and preparing their sled which involves harnessing and hitching their team, etc. Once the sled is prepared, guests will embark on a 50-75 minute ride (ride time will vary based on trail conditions). Their mushers will make scenic stops along the ride so guests can soak in the views and have plenty of photo opportunities. At the end of the experience guests can thank their team and “tip” them with cookies. There is a 340 lb weight limit for each sled (typically accommodating 2 people). Participants can add a third guest as long as they remain under the 340 lb weight limit for an additional $45. Couples/individuals weighing up to 400 lbs can be accommodated by using an extended team. This option costs $50 more per sled. Departure times available are 9:30 am, 12:00 pm, 3:00 pm and 5:30 pm.
- 2 nights for two in the room of your choice
- Cooked-to-order breakfast each morning
- A 2-hour dog sledding ride for two ; sleeping bags and pads to sit on the sled are provided.
- A Dining Pass for discount to many area restaurants
- Vouchers for FREE x-country skiing and/or snowshoeing and/or tubing at Great Glen Trails
- Vouchers giving a $10 off the snowcoach (Sunday through Thursday), the only way to go up Mt Washington in winter
- Too many things to do? Get an optional 3rd night with a 10% discount
- To book this package call us at (800) 356-3596
- Weight limit is 340 lb per sled. Contact Muddy Paw directly if your combined weight is over 340 lb or if you have a younger than 12 years old participant interested in this experience at (603) 545-4533.
- Rides are located in Jefferson, NH.
- Dog sledding rides are paid in full upon reservation (see the kennel cancellation policy below)
- 50% of lodging fee required upon reservation (our regular cancellation policy applies)
- We will share the following information with Muddy Paw Sled Dog Kennel : full names, ages, weights, address, email address, phone number, credit card information
- We need to know upon reservation what is your preferred departure date & time of day
- We will book the ride for you
Muddy Paw Sled Dog Kennel cancellation policy:
- If the kennel cancels a ride due to trail conditions, or other circumstances, a 100% refund will be generated or a cart ride will be substituted.
- If a guest wants to cancel, contact the Kennel directly at (603) 545-4533 at least 2 weeks in advance.
- A 50% deposit will be retained for all cancellation made less than 14 days before the scheduled ride if it cannot be filled by another party.