Book Direct – Be Rewarded!
We are pleased to introduce our NEW Rewards Program, starting May 2017!
Earn 10 points per night stayed and booked directly with us.
Why Should You Book Direct with Cranmore Mountain Lodge?
You can find so many Online Travel Agencies (OTAs, such as Booking.com, Expedia.com…) claiming that you won’t find any better rates elsewhere, no booking fees, free cancellation, earn free nights, pay later… so why not booking your stay through them? It sounds convenient, cheaper and safer, but here is what you need to know:
– Expedia.com, Booking.com… are convenient tools to find hotels for destinations you are not familiar with. Once you found a hotel, chances are that the property has its own website. It is always easier to deal directly with the property than to go through a third party.
– Did you know that Expedia owns Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Trivago, Venere and Homeaway? Did you know that Booking.com owns Priceline, Kayak, Agoda, rentalcars and Opentable? So when they compare rates, it’s just between one site they own and another site they own! And by the way, they show you rates for rooms we agreed to put on their systems, but they do not compare with our direct rates! Rates displayed on these OTAs are at best at par with our own rates (and may be higher).
– Not all our rooms are displayed on these booking sites. If you wish to book a specific room, you should always take the time to visit our rooms on our website, check our availability and book direct with us. All our rooms are different and when you book direct with us, you do not book a “room type” but you choose your room, whether you want it to be in the main building or loft building, first or second floor.
– None of our rooms are available to book through these OTAs during busy weekends or after 1 pm if you wish to arrive on the same day, to avoid over bookings. But we might still have availability! Just call us!
– We never charge any booking fees either (who does?).
– There is no such thing as free cancellation, as these sites like to claim it. What they mean (and this is confusing for everyone) is that the OTA itself is not charging YOU any cancellation fee. On the other hand, they might charge US their commission fee! Which in return means that we will not show you any flexibility on our cancellation policy because we do not have a choice!
– Speaking about cancellation penalties, they are much higher and stricter when you book through these OTAs than direct with us.
– OTAs charge us a pretty hefty commission rate. We would rather offer you discounts on a regular basis (if you sign up for our Newsletter, or follow us on Facebook) than to pay these commissions. Our lodging packages are also proposed to save you money, combining a discount on room rates and attractions. These lodging packages are never available through any OTAs.
– We offer group rates (for 3 rooms and up) that are not available on any of these sites.
– When you become one of our VIP guest (coming regularly, several nights a year and booking direct with us), you will get freebies! Book Direct and Be Rewarded !
So why are we still listed on these booking websites? Booking.com brings us a lot of business from Europe and far away countries that otherwise we wouldn’t have access to. Expedia.com and affiliates are really good in bringing us new guests who never stayed in a Bed & Breakfast. In summary, these OTAs are good to bring us new business. But once you’ve stayed at Cranmore Mountain Lodge (and love us!), please bookmark our website and always book direct with us: it helps our small business and family. And when you refer us to friends or colleagues, refer our business website at http://www.CranmoreMountainLodge.com.
We really value your business. Thank you!