Reservation Book Cranmore Mountain Lodge
Scenic Mountain Side Horseback Riding at Black Mountain
From May 28 until September 27, 2012
Black Mountain stables offer the most scenic trail ride in the White Mountains! Traverse up the mountain and at each switchback another breathtaking mountain vista is unveiled. In addition their skilled guides and well trained horses will offer even the most novice riders, a safe and enjoyable experience. Sunrise and Sunset Rides are also available.
- Expect a 1-hour horseback guided ride (walking only) up Black Mountain on their ski trails. The ride goes through the woods and across meadows and provides excellent views of Jackson, Mount Washington and the Valley below ;
- The ride times are 10:00, 11:30, 1:00, 2:30, and 4:00, everyday from Memorial Day to the end of October (this package although is proposed only until September 27) ;
- The ride goes out is most weather, with the exception of high winds, lightening and torrential rain ;
- No experience is needed for this ride, geared towards beginners. However, people with horse experience enjoy it as well due to the fact that climbing a mountain on horseback is a little more challenging than walking along flat ground ;
- There is an age minimum of 10 years old, however some exceptions are made for children as young as 8 years old on an individual basis ;
- There is a weight limit of 250 lbs ;
- Preferred attire is long pants and closed-toed shoes. Shorts are acceptable, just not recommended ;
- Helmets are required, and provided by Black Mountain ;
- Bring your cameras, but it is requested that you leave all cell phones and other electronic devices in the car.
- Guests must arrive 1/2 hour prior to ride time to fit helmets and fill out paperwork (or you can download and fill out the release form here!)
- 2 nights for two in the room of your choice;
- Cooked-to-order breakfast each morning (gluten free menu available at no extra charge);
- A $30 voucher valid towards a dinner at one of the Valley Originals' Restaurants;
- A One-hour Scenic mountain side trail ride for two at Black Mountain ;
- A VIP card to go tax-free shopping the Settlers' Green Outlet Stores;
- Exclusive coupons from our partners;
- A Valley Pass for discount to area restaurants, horseback riding by the river, gift shop...
- Optional vouchers for the Cranmore Mountain Adventure Park, right next to our door
- If you are driving a hybrid car, you will get a $20 voucher towards a future stay with us and valid for 6 months
- This package is available from Memorial weekend (May 28, 2012) through September 27, 2012.
- Trail rides are weather dependent. Black Mountain will adjust dates & times if needed and accepts cancellation 48 hours in advance.
- We ask for 50% lodging deposit and full payment of the rides upon reservation.
- In case of no show for a reserved ride, no refund is done.
- Our regular lodging cancellation policy applies for the room reservation (click here to read it)
Price (including taxes - for two):
From May 28 to June 14, 2012 :
- In Room 5, Room 10 : $294.22
- In Room 3, Room 4, Room 11 : $305.12
- In Room 1, Room 6, Room 22 : $326.92
- In Room 2, Room 7, Room 9 : $337.82
- In Room 8, Room 19, Room 20, Room 21, Room 23 : $359.62
- In Suite 17, Suite 25 : $403.22
From June 16 to June 28, 2012 and from September 3 to September 27, 2012 :
- In Room 5, Room 10 : $302.94
- In Room 3, Room 4, Room 11, Room 22 : $355.26
- In Room 6: $361.80
- In Room 1, Room 9, Room 20, Room 21, Room 23: $379.24
- In Room 2, Room 7, Room 8, Room 19: $392.32
- In Suite 25 : $422.84
- In Suite 17 : $453.36
From June 29 to September 2, 2012 :
- In Room 5, Room 10 : $302.94 (midweek) - $346.54 (weekends & Holidays)
- In Room 3, Room 4, Room 11, Room 22 : $355.26 (midweek) - $398.86 (weekends & Holidays)
- In Room 6 : $361.80 (midweek) - $405.40 (weekends & Holidays)
- In Room 1, Room 9, Room 20, Room 21, Room 23: $379.24 (midweek) - $422.84 (weekends & Holidays)
- In Room 2, Room 7, Room 8, Room 19: $392.32 (midweek) - $435.92 (weekends & Holidays)
- In Suite 25 : $422.84 (midweek) - $466.44 (weekends & Holidays)
- In Suite 17 : $453.36 (midweek) - $496.96 (weekends & Holidays)
In addition to trail rides, Black Mountain Stables offers...
Pony rides : Tinkerbell absolutely loves to give rides to the little ones. She's sweet, and gentle and all the kids love her. Available daily from 10:30-3:30 at $15.00 a ride. Rides are approximately 10 minutes.
Trail lesson: If you are too small for a trail ride but looking for more than a pony ride... in this lesson learn horse basics and ride in an enclosed area. Ages 6+ $35.00 per 1/2 hour or $65.00 per 1 hr. By appointment only.