The Polar Express 2011 packages are now on sale! We have a limited number of coach tickets for the 2011 event and we invite you to be the first ones to reserve them.
What is the Polar Express event?
Based on the Caldecott Award-Winning book written and illustrated by Chris Van Allsburg, the Polar Express Event is a unique experience that affects young and old alike, leaving everyone truly believing in the spirit and magic of Christmas.
Every year, the Conway Scenic Railroad partners with Believe in Books Foundation to recreate this classic tale. Come join excited children and their parents dressed in their pajamas and awaiting for the train that will bring them to this magical journey. Come aboard the train and sing along Christmas Carols while warming up with a nice cup of hot cocoa. Then, upon your arrival at the North Pole, a sea of elves will show you the way to Santa Claus. You will listen with delight to the boy, now an old man, telling his adventure one Christmas Eve a long time ago…, and meet with Santa Claus who will choose the boy to receive “the first gift of Christmas”.
In the spirit of the book, everyone will receive a silver bell on the train ride home as their memento for years to come.
How can you get tickets for the event?
There are only two ways to get the tickets: through a lottery system at the Polar Express.org with a $10 non-refundable donation, or through lodging partners, like Cranmore Mountain Lodge! The 2011 lottery deadline is in October. Beware that by that time, most of the lodging sponsors are already sold out!. So book your packages early!
Two daily performances are available: the late afternoon performance is at 4:00 pm and the evening performance is at 6:30 pm.
We have a limited number of packages for 3, 4 or 5 persons. Should you need more, you need to contact us as soon as possible while we might still have some flexibility to move some tickets around!
- 2 nights lodging at Cranmore Mountain Lodge (on Friday & Saturday)
- A full cooked-to-order country breakfast each morning (full gluten free breakfast available at no extra charge)
- Coach tickets to select Saturday late afternoon or evening performances of the 2011’s Polar Express Event at its original North Conway location (just down the street)
- Afternoon hot cocoa
- One goodie bag per child
- a VIP card to go tax-free shopping at the outlet stores
- A Valley Pass for discount on dining and/or horseback riding
- Optional coupons for a discount at Cranmore’s Fitness Center, with indoor pool and sauna
- Optional discounted tubing tickets or mountain coaster tickets for Cranmore Mountain (weather permitting)
- If you are driving a hybrid car, you’ll get a $20 voucher towards a future stay with us and valid until August 31st, 2012
- Too many things to do? Optional 3rd night with a 10% discount
COACH TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING SHOWS (subject to change):
- Saturday November 26, late afternoon and evening show
- Saturday December 3, late afternoon and evening show
- Saturday December 10, late afternoon and evening show
- Saturday December 17, late afternoon and evening show
2011 RATES (taxes and gratuities included):
Package for 3 (2 adults and 1 child under 10)
Starting from $427 on Thanksgiving weekend shows
Starting from $482 on December shows
Package for 4 (2 adults and 2 children under 10)
Starting from $556 on Thanksgiving weekend shows
Starting from $610 on December shows
Package for 5 (in two bedroom suites – 2 adults and 3 children under 10)
Starting from $815 on Thanksgiving weekend shows
Starting from $837 on December shows
Please note that at this time, a two-night stay is required for the package. If you want to stay one night only, fill up our Polar Express Inquiry Form to add your name on our waiting list. We will contact you if a one-night stay becomes available.
One night stay + all tickets payment are required at time of reservation. The balance should be paid at check-in. Packages are refundable, less a $35 cancellation fee per room, if we can resell your reservation IN FULL to another family (room + tickets). Cancellations received within 21 days of arrival are non-refundable, regardless of reason. Reservations will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
CONTACT: (603) 356-2044 or (800) 356-3596 or TheLodge@North-Conway.com